Saturday 11 May 2013

Experience using Blackberry Bold 9900


My first Blackberry device is Blackberry Bold 9780 (called as Bold 3), a white color device was purchased last two (2) years. It only take three (3) months using the Bold 9780, when I was decided to change it to a new Blackberry Bold 9900 (called as Bold 4).

During my time in using Bold 9900;

 
Battery life
It was an issue when I first got it. I get maxed out within 6 hours with my heavy usage of twitter and email. An OS7 upgrade (OS 7.0.0.439) fixed that problem and I can get through the day on a single charge. Searching for the answers on forums are indeed helpful, if you have the patience.

 
Music Playback
What do I do when I am not tweeting or replying to emails, I listen to music. I am on the go all the time, and I need my music. And the experience is fair. The easy to control playback controls on the BlackBerry Bold 9900 makes pausing tracks simple when I need to. 

 Browsing
I will not hesitate to say that the browsing experience on the BlackBerry Bold 9900 is better than I expected for such a small device such as Blackberry Bold 9780. This is probably the only time that I used the touch screen on the device. Pinch zooming and double tap zoom are great assists. Pages load very fast. With support for multiple tabs, I never realized that I have opened 9 tabs and still have the browser maintain its shape.

There will be more apps on BlackBerry AppWorld. Thankfully, I still belong to a generation who uses a device for its main purpose, in this case communications. Be it messaging, email or tweeting, the apps I used are conventionally limited, yet the benefit that it gave toward my life professionally and personally are immense. It is no longer a matter of potential to realize how one can benefit from Blackberry usage, but a matter of when, one wants to gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment